Marriage Certificate Registration in Bangalore: Process, Fees, Documents & Certification
The marriage certificate is an official or legal document that states that two people are married. Indeed, it’s an essential document, especially for married women. In India, anyone can register their marriage either under the Hindu Marriage Act, of 1955, or under the Special Marriage Act, of 1954. Hindu Marriage Act applies to Hindu people while Special Marriage Act is to all the citizens of the country. Regardless of caste, religion, or language, a marriage certificate is a legitimate proof that a couple is married. So, if you’re looking for a Bangalore Marriage Certificate, here you will get a detailed overview of it. Stride through this page to learn how to get a marriage certificate online in Bangalore or apply for a marriage registration process in Bangalore.
How can I get my Marriage Certificate online in Bangalore?
To get a marriage certificate online in Bangalore, applicants have to follow the given process, which includes:
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka government, you can apply here
- Enter your username and password to login into the portal (if you’re a new user, register yourself first)
- Select district name to continue
- Fill in the bridegroom’s details and select registration of marriage certificate
- Fill out the form, select an appointment, and click on submit
- You will get a temporary number on the acknowledgment slip to complete the process
- Take a printout, on the mentioned date, the applicant along with witnesses needs to be present before the registrar and submit the form.
- Complete the formalities for registration, sign the documents and the certificate will be issued on the same day.
This is how you will be able to obtain a marriage certificate online in Bangalore. The process is easy if you follow all the details mentioned above.
How can I register my marriage in Bangalore?
Registration of marriage in Bangalore can be done through both online and offline ways. Here is the process you need to follow.
Offline process of marriage registration
- First, visit the nearest sub-registrar and get a marriage registration form.
- Fill the application form carefully without making any mistake
- You need to fill at least 3 marriage witnesses in the form
- After which official verification of the form will be done and you will be given 6 printouts of the form
- Now bride and groom have to sign all the documents
- Then two copies of the form will be given to the bride and groom at the sub-registrar office and the remaining copies will be with the government for official records.
Online process of marriage registration
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Karnataka Government
- Choose your district name and start
- Then fill in the information of the bridegroom and select ‘Registration of Marriage Certificate
- Same way, complete the marriage certificate form and select the date of appointment and then click on ‘Submit Document
- After that, you will get a temporary number on the acknowledgment slip. This is how the application process will be completed
Documents required for a marriage certificate in Bangalore, Karnataka
Here is a list of important documents that are required .
- Husband and Wife- Application Form
- Age Proof (Any of the following): School/College Leaving School, Birth Certificate, Passport, Domicile Certificate, or SSC/HSC Certificate
- Proof of Residence (Any of the following): Ration Card, Election Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, or Aadhar Card
- Wedding Card
- Passport Size photograph
- Nikahnama/Any marriage certificate from a religious place, translated in English on the letterhead of an Authorised Translator
- Divorce decree if either spouse is a divorcee
- Death certificate if the previous spouse is dead
- Copy of official gazette if the name is changed after Marriage
- Marital status certificate if either spouse is a foreign national witness- Proof of residence of witnesses: Ration Card, Election Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport or Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
How much does it cost for a marriage certificate in India?
No fee is required for registration of marriage under Hindu Marriage Act. The application fee is Rs. 5* and the fee for the certified copy is Rs. 10*.
Best Marriage Certificate Registration Agent/Consultant In Bangalore
Are you looking for the best marriage certificate registration agent in Bangalore? Look no further than LegalAir. We provide legal consultation regarding a marriage certificate in Bangalore. We offer instant services to clients and guide them throughout the registration process. We assist in the marriage registration process in Bangalore and getting a marriage certificate online in Bangalore. Moreover, couples who are not aware of marriage certificates can contact us. We help clients with everything they want to know about marriage certificates or marriage registration in Bangalore. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us right now. We would love to assist you.