Birth Certificate Registration Online - Procedure, Documents, Fees & Certification
The Registration of Birth Act, 1969, it is mandatory to register every birth as per the birth registration act. Today, the birth certificate is one of the most important legal certificates to obtain today. This certificate serves as an identity proof of a person in different circumstances. The chief registrar of birth is responsible for issuing the birth certificate under the state Government of Delhi. A birth certificate can easily be obtained if the event of birth is registered within 21 days from the date of birth.
Birth certificate Registration Process and requirements 2023
Here is a step by step birth registration process for getting a birth certificate 2022. Just follow the given steps below.
- Step 1: Firstly, get a birth certificate registration form from the registrar office from your municipal authority.
- Step 2: When a child is born in the hospital, you will be provided with the form by the municipal officer in-charge.
- Step 3: Just fill in the form within 21 days of birth of your child
- Step 4: In case birth is not registered within 21days of its occurrence, the birth certificate is issued after police verification.
- Step 5: Once the verification of birth records such as place of birth, birth time, nursing home, parent’s ID proof, etc. If everything is recorded by the registrar, the birth certificate will be issued then.
- Step 6: 7 days after applying for a birth certificate, follow up the municipal authority procedure to get the birth certificate.
- Step 7: If you have provided the self-address envelope at the municipality office, the birth certificate is posted to the respective address within 14 days.
birth certificate documents required
Here is a list of birth certificate documents that are required to obtain a birth certificate. The list includes:
- Both parents birth certificate
- Marriage certificate of parents
- Parents identify proof ID
- Proof of birth letter in hospital
- Residential certificate of parents
- Aadhar card
How many days does it take to register for birth in India?
Basically, it takes almost 7 days for the authorities to issue a birth certificate. Before that the birth has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence. Once everything is done, the birth certificate will be issued after verification with the actual records of the concerned hospital.
How can I get my birth certificate online in India?
Getting a birth certificate online in India is quite easy and simple. All you need to do when applying for a birth certificate online is follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Visit the website crsorgi.gov.in to download the birth certificate form. Else you can also get it from a registrar’s office.
Note: if a child is born in the hospital, the form will be provided by the hospital staff only.
- Step 2: Now fill in the form within the 21 days of the child born
- Step 3: Once you’re done with filling the form, the registrar will verify all the information provided by you and the birth records (date, time, nursing home, parent’s ID proof, etc.) then the certificate will be issued.
How can I make corrections to my child's birth certificate in Delhi?
If you have made any mistake while filling the birth certificate form, here is the process to make corrections in the child’s birth certificate in delhi. Just follow the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Firstly, download the form to change the name (online) by visiting the website - https://crsorgi.gov.in/web/index.php/auth/login
- Step 2: You can also get the Birth Certificate Update/ Correction form from the municipal corporation officer in Delhi.
- Step 3: Now you will have to make an affidavit submission to make necessary correction or change in name.
- Step 4: you can fill up the correction form for birth certificate correction online in Delhi. Then submit it to the respective District court in Delhi before a magistrate along with an affidavit with the judge's original signature.
- Step 5: Make an announcement in the two newspapers - one in the local Hindi language and other in English.
- Step 6: Finally, get your name published in the official gazette of Delhi. For that you can approach the Government Press of Delhi. Fill in the form the same day with required fees. Your name change will be published.