- In India, there are numerous reasons for a person to change his/her name. It could be due to marriage, for good luck, or for a new identity. The process of changing one's name is time-consuming with a lot of administrative formalities. At Legal Air, we will take care of all the documentation and filings, making your experience a breeze.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- DISPATCHING DOCUMENTS
- NEWSPAPER PUBLICATION
- APPLICATION FOR PUBLICATION IN AN OFFICIAL GAZETTE
- PUBLICATION IN AN OFFICIAL GAZETTE
- DISPATCH OF THE OFFICIAL GAZETTE
- Advertisement in the newspaper (original and photocopy of advertisement appearing in the newspaper)
- Affidavit for Name Change
- Prescribed proforma for change of name. The proforma should be signed two witnesses and the following witness details are required: Full Name Address Mobile/ Phone No.
- A Compact Disc (CD) that contains soft copy of the Proforma without witness details. In place of the signature, applicant’s old name is to be stated
- A certificate stating that details of the CD and Hard copy are similar
- Two self-attested passport size photos
- Photocopy of identity proof of the Applicant (photocopy of any one of the following documents will suffice: Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license)
- Cover Letter
- Demand Draft for payment of fees
- 100% Refund Policy ‘No questions asked’
- Dedicated Case Manager
- Timely Delivery of Case
Steps involved in changing your name
Legal Air Assurance
Frequently Asked Questions
IYes, the process for changing an infant's name is same as that of an adult. However, the payable fees for changing a minor's name is Rs. 1700/- whereas for a major, the payable fees is Rs. 1100/-.
After changing your name, you will have to update your name in government documents as well personal documents. Typically, the following seven (7) documents are required to be updated post name change: Passport PAN Card Driving License Aadhar Card Bank Accounts Ration Card Voter ID Card
There are variety of reasons for which people may choose to change their name. The top seven (7) reasons why people change their name are as follows: Marriage Divorce Numerology Astrology Political reasons Religious reasons Dislike their current name/ birth nam
Once you send in the documents, the entire process including publication of name change in the Official Gazette can be completed within 10 days.
YAfter changing your name, you will have to update your name in the government documents as well (e.g.-Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, and Ration Card). Copies of the affidavit, Newspaper publication and the Gazette notification are enough to get these documents changed. For changes in Passport, you need to fill the following form: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/reissuePassport For changes in the PAN card, you need to fill the following form: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/InstructionsCorr.html#instruct_documents For changes in the Bank Accounts: Copy of the affidavit and the gazette notification is needed
Y Yes, it is a very important step. An affidavit states your intention to change your name and reasons for it. Without an affidavit, we cannot make newspaper publication and application for publication in Official Gazette. Hence, without Affidavit, your name cannot be changed.
Yes, the proforma for name change has to be signed by two (2) witnesses. One identity document of each witness is also required.
The advertisement of changing your name will be published in the leading national daily newspaper of your state.