Court Marriage


  • Court Marriage is an economical, and hassle-free alternative to a traditional marriage. Couples from different nationality, religion, and caste can solemnize and register their marriage through a simple procedure carried out in the presence of marriage registrar and 3 witnesses.
  • Steps Involved in Registration of Marriage

  • We will provide you a checklist of documents to capture your details. Your Case Manager will then connect with you within a business day to understand your requirements
  • Upon receiving the filled questionnaire, we will draft a notice of intended marriage
  • Once we receive all your documents, we will vet and verify all your documents
  • Your Court Marriage can be solemnized at the office of the marriage officer of the district where either one of you have stayed for at least 30 days, prior to your filing of the notice. You are then required to select the jurisdiction of where you want to get your marriage solemnized
  • Our experts will setup a mutually convenient time for you, your partner and three witnesses to meet at the office of the marriage registrar to finalise the documentation. Upon finalisation, Notice of intended marriage will be filed
  • The marriage officer will publish the notice and invite objections to the intended marriage within 30 days of publication
  • In case an objection is raised, the Marriage Officer will decide on the objections after giving the parties an opportunity to present their case. If the objections are found to be true, the marriage cannot be solemnized. However, an appeal against the decision of the Marriage Officer can be filed in the district court under the jurisdiction of the Marriage Officer
  • In case of no objections or if objections were removed after 30 days of Notice publication, based on a mutually convenient time, you and your partner along with the same three witnesses will appear before the marriage officer to sign a declaration and get the marriage solemnized
  • After signing the declaration, the marriage officer will issue a marriage certificate. The marriage certificate will have to be signed by the parties and three witnesses. Upon signing of the document, the marriage certificate will be issued to the couple
  • Required Documents

  • Required from Bride and Bridegroom:
  • Separate affidavits from bride and groom stating: Date of birth Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act.
  • 4 Passport size photographs each of bride and groom
  • Residential Proof of both bride and groom (photocopy of any one of the following - Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Passport, Ration Card, Driving License, Lease Deed/Rent Deed)
  • Proof of Date of Birth of both bride and groom (photocopy of any one of the following - class 10th certificate, passport, birth certificate)
  • Notice of Intended Marriage duly signed by both bride and groom
  • Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
  • Legal Air Assurance

  • 100% Refund Policy ‘No questions asked’
  • Dedicated Case Manager
  • Timely Delivery of Case
  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Marriage certificate is the conclusive evidence of the Court Marriage of you and your partner and is issued by the marriage officer of the district in which marriage was solemnized. You should keep a signed copy of the marriage certificate as proof of your marriage.

    We aim to strengthen individuals's trust and confidence in the legal system; so all the processes and actions taken by us are thoroughly vetted by expert lawyers in Family law. Our Court Marriage experts are highly-trained professionals who not only understand your requirements to provide the best legally-valid solution but also value your time and keep the process convenient and hassle-free for you. Solemnising a legally-valid court marriage takes 30+ days from filing to getting the marriage registered. Any firm or agent promising faster solution than 30 days is either circumventing the legal process or omitting certain crucial steps.

    Yes. As per the provisions of the Special Marriage Act, 1954, there is no bar on two people belonging to different religions applying for a Court Marriage. Therefore, inter-religious marriages can be solemnized through a Court Marriage.

    Top six (6) advantages of a Court marriage are: Economical and cheap - no unnecessary spending on marriage functions and ceremonies Less time-consuming - long time taken in rituals and ceremonies is avoided Registration of marriage - at the end of the process, a marriage certificate is issued which is a legal proof of your marriage Less stressful - not much planning is required in terms of deciding venue & catering, shopping, sending out invitations etc. Private affair - much more personal affair Inter-religious and Inter-caste marriages are allowed

    Three witnesses are required for solemnization of a Court marriage. The witnesses are required to be present at the Office of the Marriage Registrar at the time of filing of Notice of Intended Marriage. After the waiting period of 30 days is over, the witnesses are also required to be present for solemnization of marriage before the Marriage Registrar..

    The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by bride and groom before applying for a court marriage: They should not have a living husband/wife at the time of marriage. They should not be incapable of giving consent due to unsound mind. Even if they can give consent, they should not have a mental disorder which makes them unfit for marriage or having children. They must not suffer from insanity or epilepsy. The bride should be at least 18 years old and the groom at least 21. Both parties must not be within prohibited degree of relationship with each other.

    Once the Notice of Intended Marriage is filed at the office of the marriage officer, the process of court marriage is set in motion. After filing, the parties must wait for a period of 30 days during which the marriage officer will publish the notice at his office to invite objections. In case objection is not raised by any person, you can get married by visiting the office of the marriage officer on the 31st day itself or any other convenient date in next 3 months.

    You can get married within a day if you opt for an Arya Samaj Marriage. The ceremony is performed in the Arya Samaj mandir and usually takes a couple of hours to complete the entire process. However, if you are opting for an Arya Samaj marriage, you must remember that the marriage does not get automatically registered upon completion of the process. Also, the Arya Samaj marriage certificate issued by the temple is not considered to be a conclusive proof of your marriage. Therefore, the couple will have to get their marriage registered by visiting the office of the marriage officer of the district where the marriage took place.

    Yes, an appeal can be filed by either party. The appeal has to be filed in the district court within the local limits under the jurisdiction of the marriage officer. The appeal has to be filed within 30 days from the date of refusal to solemnise marriage..

    No, there is no separate notice or intimation given to the parents. The notice is published at the office of the Marriage Officer for 30 days.

    Usually, the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Addition-Divisional Magistrate (ADM) or Deputy Commissioners of a city act as marriage officers..